AAWA is a volunteer organization of visual artists (18 & older) whose purpose is the stimulation of creative work and helpfulness among members, thereby constantly raising the quality of work and appreciation of the arts by the public. AAWA is open to all visual artists who wish to participate. Opportunities for active participation include:
Additional benefits of membership include quarterly newsletters, emailed announcements and supplier discounts. Portrait studios, plein air sessions and life drawing studios offer additional opportunities for growth and development. Members are encouraged to serve on committees and on the Executive Board.
General meetings and other events are held monthly from September through May.
MEMBERSHIP DUES INFORMATION
Visual artists (18 & older) are welcome to join the organization at any time, and payment of dues provides 12 continuous months of membership. Membership types can not be changed mid-year via the online renewal process in the member dashboard area. To change from an Inactive Membership to an Active Membership or to add an EWL to your Active Membership, please contact the Membership Chair. These changes have to be made manually in our system.
ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP: $40
Provides the opportunity to participate in all functions listed above. You must be an active member to serve on a committee or the on board. Active members can also share exhibit & class information in the newsletter and email announcements. They can also rent the classroom.
Active Membership with EWL: Additional $15
This optional EWL (Expanded Website Listing) providing members with their own page on our website, where they can have a Bio and share up to eight images of artwork with for sale amounts.
STUDENT ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP: $20
Provides the same active membership as shown above for full time college students, at least 18 years of age. Most universities and colleges list a minimum of 12 credit hours as full time.
Student Active Membership with EWL: Additional $15
This option is the same as the Active membership EWL.
INACTIVE MEMBERSHIP: $12
This membership only provides copies of the newsletters and email announcements. And of course, inactive members can participate in any events that are open and free to the public. This option is for our members who need to take a break, are traveling, etc, but still want to keep up on what is happening within the organization.
These are our Emeritus and Honorary members. The Emeritus members are those over seventy years who have been members for at least twenty years. They have the same privileges as Active members with EWL.
Extended Website Listing (EWL): Why we offer this option to our active members
1. At $15/year for a bio and 8 images, it’s one of the cheapest ad-free web pages available on the net.
2. If you do not have a website this is an easy way for you to create an online page where you can send people to see examples of your artwork.
3. If you do have your own personal website then you can use the EWL as another place to be online and have a good pagerank link going back to your website.
4. Some members put up sales prices, some don’t, that’s individual choice. If you choose to sell, interested potential buyers will contact you directly via the contact form on your page. AAWA does not handle or oversee any of the individual EWL sales.
If you would like to discuss membership with one of our representatives, please use the Contact page and choose Membership to send a message. You will be contacted via your supplied email address. If you would like to join, feel free proceed further down the page and begin the process.
The Ann Arbor Women Artists is a volunteer organization. Every committee chair and board position is filled by members donating their time. It is highly recommended that each member donate three hours a year to help in this 300+ membership organization.
1. To do so, please take a look at the list of Committees (under the Membership tab) and choose one that is of interest to you.
2. Then go to the Contact page and send a note with your preference. You’ll be contacted when that committee needs assistance. Thank you for being a part of AAWA and pitching in for a couple hours to help get a job done!
When you are ready to become a member, click a round button below next to the Membership level of your choice. Then click the Next button at the bottom of the page. You'll be asked for your email address and your name, then taken to the payment page. Your login information will be emailed to you.